What is an X3group and why?
An X3group is a safe place where you can seek healing, find support, get accountability, and process feelings and thoughts related to your porn or sexual addiction. These support groups are important for those seeking sexual freedom and sustained recovery because they are (1) anonymous, (2) safe, (3) grace-filled, and (4) specialized.
Is this a Bible Study or do I have to be a Christian to attend?
No!!! This is a recovery and support group, plain and simple. We are not here to debate theology, worldviews, or social ethics. However, understand that while all are welcome, the curriculum we use is based on our understanding of a Biblical definition of healthy sexuality.
Who is the facilitator and what is their role?
Each of our group leaders are trained men or women who work with XXXchurch. Their primary role is that of facilitator to the group; keeping the conversation and group on track during recovery sessions, stretching each person in areas of personalized growth and providing spiritual leadership for each person and the group as you meet together. They have all walked this path and can offer wisdom and guidance for those pursuing the freedom they have sought in their own lives.
Are there ground rules for those attending?
Yes, they are covered in the X3group Meeting Covenant which you will receive as part of the group. This covenant is the bedrock of the group and adherence to it lays the foundation of trust for the road to freedom ahead.
How can I help myself on the road to freedom or maximize the effectiveness of this group?
- Sign up for My Pilgrimage workshop. The curriculum we use is based off of these workshops.
- Download X3watch and maximizing your accountability.
- Visit XXXchurch often for blogs, etc. These free resources are invaluable.
- Be as authentic and honest as possible in meetings. It is entirely your choice as to what you wish to share or not to share but the more authentic and open you are the more you will allow for healing in your life.
- Be consistent with your recovery group attendance. The more sporadic your participation the less beneficial this group will be to you.
What should I expect?
- Grace – We are here to help you, affirm you, encourage you, and help you. We are not here to condemn you or tell you what’s wrong.
- Not to be harassed – seeking healing is your choice and participation in this support group is, as well. We will not hunt you down if you haven’t been to a meeting in a couple of weeks. The choice for healing is yours & we will not try to force that choice on you.
- Honesty – we’ll always tell you the truth.
What do I need to do if I want to switch my group?
Switching groups is an easy and painless process. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Please include your name, the group you are currently in, and the group you want to switch to. If the group you want to join is full we may not be able to accommodate your request but in most cases we can do what is needed.
How long do group meetings last?
Depending on the size of the group most groups last about an hour.
How do I meet with my group?
Groups meetings are all done via video chat.
Can I contact someone on the phone for support?
Absolutely! Please email email@example.com to schedule a call with our staff.
How do I update my credit card information on file?
If at anytime you need to update/change the credit card information for your account, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with instructions.
How do I stop my group subscription?
All requests to terminate subscriptions must be furnished in writing no less than 72 hours prior to your monthly renewal billing date. Men’s and Women’s group cancellation requests should be submitted at X3groups.com/cancel and Spouse’s group cancellation requests should be submitted at X3groups.com/cancel-spouses.